This digital choice board provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book We Will Rock Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities.
Please note: This lesson was created with distance learning in mind. However, I can not provide a link to have this book read aloud to students due to copyright restrictions. You will need to create your own read-aloud video, read the book to the students yourself or find an eBook version. There is a spot for you to include a link to the video for your students to watch.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: Students will highlight the true statements in blue and the false statements in pink. I inserted enough highlighting strips to complete the activity.
- Activity 2: Students will match the vocabulary word to its definition.
- Activity 3: Students will read a sentence about Penelope and choose the emotion she felt at that time in the book.
- Activity 4: Students will recall story events.
- Slide 5: Student will write three sentences about what makes them special.
- Slide 6: The student will do a word search puzzle.
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.