This digital choice board provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin. No physical book is needed to complete the activities. There is a link for students to hear the book read out loud. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities.
[maxbutton id=”3″ ]
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: students answer the question, “what is your favorite food?” They will take a picture of the food if they have it in their house or draw a picture of it. They can share it through Google Classroom if they have access to it.
- Activity 2: vocabulary activity. Students will highlight the correct meaning of a word as it was used in the book.
- Activity 3: students will answer six comprehension questions about the book.
- Activity 4: students will complete a Dragons Love Tacos word search.
- Slide 5: Students will sequence the steps to making a taco.
- Slide 6: students will do a sorting activity. What do dragons love? What do dragons hate?
UPDATED: I added an editable Google slide file. The editable Google slides file will let you edit SOME of the text on the slides. I can not offer a full editable product due to copyright restrictions.
What is editable:
- I removed the activity number from each slide. You will only see the book title at the top of the slide. If you only want to give your students two slides to complete, now they won’t be confused by seeing a slide that has a 5 on it (for example). If you want to add an activity number to the slide you can do so. Just insert a text box wherever you want.
- The first activity tells students to share something to Google Classroom or Seesaw. These instructions can be deleted completely. You can delete the slide altogether or add your own activity and directions to this slide.
- Depending on the activity you are using, there may be other text that you can edit. Please see the teacher directions in the notes section at the bottom of every slide for more information. You will also need to delete these instructions before you share it with your students.
Want to see how this works before you purchase? Download my free sample choice board for the book Harry the Dirty Dog.
Advantages of using digital resources
Paperless. No need to print and laminate the task cards
- Engages students
- Helps build 21st-century learners
- Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices