This digital choice board provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities.
Please note: This lesson was created with distance learning in mind. However, I can not provide a link to have this book read aloud to students due to copyright restrictions. You will need to create your own read-aloud video, read the book to the students yourself or find an eBook version. There is a spot for you to include a link to the video for your students to watch.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device. **Pre-loaded SeeSaw links will be available soon at no additional charge.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: Students will recall details from the story. Jasper imagines that he sees creepy carrots everywhere. Students will read 3 different places he sees the carrots, and then match up what he is really seeing.
- Activity 2: Students will sequence the story events
- Activity 3: Students will match cause and effect statements
- Activity 4: Student will complete a vocabulary activity. They will read a sentence and choose the correct definition of the underlined word. I inserted highlighting strips for students to choose their answer.
- Slide 5: Students will complete a fact or opinion sort about carrots.
- Slide 6: Students will write how they would stop the Creepy Carrots.
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.
Want to see how this works before you purchase? Download my free sample choice board for the book Harry the Dirty Dog.