This digital choice board for Google Slides and SeeSaw provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book Turkey Trick or Treat by Wendi Silvanio. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities. Comes with a preloaded link to save directly to your SeeSaw library.
Now comes with print versions of the activities.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: Students will read three phrases from the book and choose the meaning of those phrases.
- Activity 2: Students will sequence the story events
- Activity 3: Student will sequence the order Turkey wore his costumes in the story. There are numbers inserted onto the slide for them to use.
- Activity 4: Student will read six statements about the book. They will decide if the statement is true or false. I inserted highlighting strips for them to use.
- Slide 5: Student will complete a writing activity. They will write what costume they would have Turkey wear.
- Slide 6: Students will do a matching activity. The pictures are turkey dressed up in different costumes.
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
Print activities are similar but not identical to the digital.
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.