Use this reading and writing activity pack to teach your students about the Pilgrim’s Journey to the New World, the First Thanksgiving, and holiday traditions past and present.
What is included:
- Seven nonfiction reading comprehension passages
- The Pilgrims
- The Mayflower Voyage
- Their New Home
- The Wampanoag Tribe
- The First Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Past and Present
- Comprehension questions for each passage.
- Seven simpler nonfiction passages with the same titles and information. At the bottom of each passage is a question for students to answer from the text.
- 24 vocabulary cards in both black and white and color
- Various graphic organizers and worksheets
- Vocabulary, KWL charts, Can Have Are graphic organizers
- Venn Diagram (Past and Present Thanksgiving)
- Adjectives or adverbs worksheet
- Vocabulary crossword puzzle
- Sequencing activity
- Then and now worksheet
- Writing worksheets and prompts
- Cause and effect worksheet
- Author’s purpose worksheet
The preview shows most of the pages. Please download so you know exactly what you are purchasing!