Your students will love researching the 50 states with these project posters. Everything you need is included to have your students get started on a guided research project.
What is included:
10 pages of templates, graphic organizers, and worksheets to help guide the research process
• 2 pages of research questions. The answers to these questions will go on the poster pages.
• Mapping Out a Research Plan worksheet (students will think of the sources they can use to find information and the keywords that will help guide their research).
• Summarizing Your Notes graphic organizer
• Blank notetaking page
• 3 pages for students to record their notes (divided into sections for each type of information needed).
• Bibliography page templates. Students will just fill in the information about their sources.
State poster templates – There are 2 pages for each state. These can be glued to a file folder or a larger piece of construction paper. Information that students will need to fill out include:
• Fast facts (nickname, motto, state bird, state tree, state flower, state song, population, state rank)
• State government information
• Major rivers and lakes
• Locate the state on a U.S. map
• Size of state and bordering states
• Capital city and 3 largest cities – locate on a map
• Climate information
• Agriculture and manufacturing
• Famous people
• Places to visit
• Ways to spend free time
• Other interesting facts
There are also teacher directions and a list of suggested websites for students to use to look up information.