It is more important than ever to teach our students how to stay safe on the internet and how to be a good digital citizen. I have created this resource pack to use with upper elementary students to teach and review these vital skills. This is a rock star theme to teach students to be Internet Safety Rock Stars.
What is included:
- 2 one-page assessments to check students’ knowledge of internet safety
- 8 task cards or situation cards. Students will read a situation and then decide how they would handle the situation. There is a sheet for students to record their answers and thoughts. There are also 2 worksheets that have the same situations on them. You can give these to students to fill-in the answers on their own instead of using the cards.
- Internet safety certificates (2 color and 2 b/w)
- Internet safety pledges (2 color and 2 b/w)
- 3 read and write worksheets about internet safety.
- Bookmarks that review internet safety rules and think before you post. They come in both color and b/w options.
- 10 internet safety posters (2 different color options). These posters can be used on your SmartBoard or a document camera to discuss and introduce these concepts. There is a set with a black background and a set with a white background.
- The posters discuss ways students can be a ROCK star. Responsible, Online etiquette, Check with an adult, Keep it Private.
- There are 2 posters discussing cyberbullying.
- There is a poster telling students to think before they post and one about creating passwords and user ID’s.
- There are 2 posters that give situations on them and ask students to think about what they would do. These situations are not the same as on the task cards.
Please click here to download a preview of this file.