Students will review different types of reading genres with this fun and interactive print breakout or escape activity. This is a very low prep and easy to use activity. Perfect for school librarians or classroom teachers.
What is included in this product:
- Detailed instructions
- 3 challenges in color
- 3 challenges in black and white
- Answer key
- Certificates of completion
Challenge 1: students will complete a crossword puzzle. They will read the definition of a genre and then write the genre name in the puzzle.
Challenge 2: 5-question multiple choice quiz.
Challenge 3: students will look at 9 different book covers and choose which genre the book belongs in.
Genres reviewed: mystery, science fiction, poetry, informational text, traditional literature or folktales, historical fiction, realistic fiction, biography and fantasy.
***This is not an editable activity.
- I estimate this breakout to take about 30-45 minutes to complete.
- I recommend using it with third and fourth graders.
- The breakout can easily be completed in multiple class periods or as a whole-group activity
The content is almost identical to my other genre breakout activities.