Teach beginning map skills and geography with these engaging worksheets and activities. Students will learn about cardinal directions, map symbols and map keys. Also basic geography including identifying land and water and labeling the continents and oceans. Students will also get to practice their learning by creating their own simple map. Bonus: flip book, vocabulary posters and word wall cards.
Key map skills covered:
- Identifying north, south, east and west
- Practice identifying an address
- Identifying map symbols and reading a map key
- Simple printables to teach these skills followed by worksheets combining multiple skills
- Introduction to a globe
- Identifying land and water
- Identifying the earth’s continents
- Finding their state on a map
- Graphic organizer to show what was learned
- Flip book for students to write/draw about their town, their state, their country and their continent
- Create your own map activity with detailed instructions (comes in color and b/w version)
- 14 vocabulary posters and word wall cards
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.