Teach your students how to use the library search catalog Destiny with this activity pack. Students will learn the basics of a catalog record, the difference between a keyword and subject search and have a chance to practice their searching skills.
What is included:
- One introduction worksheet. Includes a sample Destiny record for students to answer questions about. This worksheet is listed 4 times in the PDF file. The only difference is the call number in the top right corner of the library record. Different call numbers: F PI, Fic PI, Fic PIE, blank (write your own call number before you copy)
- Worksheet to teach the difference between a keyword and subject search
- Assessment worksheet
- Five Destiny scavenger hunts. Students will need to search Destiny to complete each scavenger hunt activity.
- 18 task cards for students to use to practice using Destiny
- Destiny search slips and book hold request slips
- Editable PowerPoint files for the task cards, search slips and hold request forms
I tried to vary the search types and questions to provide students with more practice. I also tried to keep them generic enough that they can be used with any school’s library catalog.
**This product has undergone a complete update. I changed every search question. I also added the scavenger hunt worksheets plus the search and hold slips. Please download for the updates.