This poetry unit pack will have your students writing and enjoying poetry in no time! It is packed with over 70 pages of posters, graphic organizers and writing activities. Students will learn different poetry forms as well as review figurative language.
What is included:
- Figurative language posters: alliteration, onomatopoeia hyperbole, similes, antonyms, personification, idiom, imagery
- Elements of poetry posters: form, meter, poetry, repetition, rhyme, rhythm (with images and without images)
- Types of poetry posters: bio, acrostic, free verse, cinquain, diamante, haiku, limerick, concrete, couplet (with images and without images)
- Figurative language worksheets: identifying similes, metaphors, alliteration, onomatopoeia and personification
- Visualizing a poem
- Poetry writing: cinquain, diamante, bio poem, couplet poetry, haiku, concrete, acrostic and limerick
- Poetry planning forms
- Evaluating and responding to poetry
- Poetry scavenger hunt and identifying poetic elements
- 2 sample poems
Please download the preview before purchasing. It shows many of the posters and worksheets, but not every page.
Looking for a digital version? Click here
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.
There are no reviews yet.