This digital poetry unit will have your students writing and enjoying poetry in no time! Students will learn different poetry forms as well as review figurative language. It is full of fun and engaging activities. Students will work directly in Google Slides or Microsoft OneDrive to complete these paperless activities. They can be uploaded to Google Classroom or another LMS. This is perfect to use for remote learning.
What is included
- 24 Google Slides presentation to use as an introduction to poetry vocabulary and figurative language. The slides are 11 x 8.5 and can be printed to use as posters.
- The Google slides poetry activities has 25 slides. Students will need to type on each slide to complete different activities. I added text boxes every place students need to type.
- Links to poems for students to read online. All of the links lead to two different websites: www.poetryfoundation.org and www.poetry4kids.com. I can not include the poems in the lesson due to copyright restrictions. I suggest adding a blank slide to the copy you assign to students. On the blank slide include links to the poems you want students to read.
Types of poetry and figurative language reviewed:
- bio poems
- acrostic poems
There are also slides for students to write their own poems, to respond to poetry and a poetry scavenger hunt.
Looking for a print version of these poetry activities? Click here.
Important Note: This is not an editable resource.
Advantages of using digital resources
- Paperless. No need to print and laminate the task cards
- Engages students
- Helps build 21st-century learners
- Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.