This digital choice board provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book Anansi and the Talking Melon by Eric Kimmel. No physical book is needed to complete the activities. There is a link for students to hear the book read out loud. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: student will think about what they would do to escape from the melon. They can record a short video to share with their class or write/draw a picture.
- Activity 2: students will sequence story events
- Activity 3: students will match the character to a description of that character from the book.
- Activity 4: Vocabulary activity
- Slide 5: Complete a reading comprehension quiz in Google Forms
- Slide 6: Complete a word search activity from the website rif.org
There is an editable Google Slides file. You can edit SOME of the text on the slides. I can not offer a full editable product due to copyright restrictions.
What is editable:
- I removed the activity number from each slide. You will only see the book title at the top of the slide. If you only want to give your students two slides to complete, now they won’t be confused by seeing a slide that has a 5 on it (for example). If you want to add an activity number to the slide you can do so. Just insert a text box wherever you want.
- The first activity tells students to share something to Google Classroom or Seesaw. These instructions can be deleted completely. You can delete the slide altogether or add your own activity and directions to this slide.
- Depending on the activity you are using, there may be other text that you can edit. Please see the teacher directions in the notes section at the bottom of every slide for more information. You will also need to delete these instructions before you share it with your students.
Want to see how this works before you purchase? Download my free sample choice board for the book Harry the Dirty Dog.
Advantages of using digital resources
Paperless. No need to print and laminate the task cards
- Engages students
- Helps build 21st-century learners
- Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices