This digital choice board for Google Slides and SeeSaw provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book Turkey Goes to School by Wendi Silvano. Includes 5 printable worksheets!
Comes with a preloaded link to save directly to your SeeSaw library.
Please note: I can not provide a link to have this book read aloud to students due to copyright restrictions. You will need to create your own read-aloud video, read the book to the students yourself or find an eBook version. There is a spot for you to include a link to the video for your students to watch.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the digital activities
- Activity 1: Students will sequence story events
- Activity 2: Students will complete an activity about the characters in the story. They will match up the character to the phrase they said in the book.
- Activity 3: Student will match cause-and-effect pairs.
- Activity 4: Student will complete a reading comprehension activity.
- Activity 5: Students will complete a writing activity and write their opinion: should the farm animals been allowed to stay in school or not?
- Activity 6: Students will do a vocabulary crossword puzzle. The word search is on the site www.rif.org. I chose this site because it should not be blocked by any content filters.
Overview of the print activities
I created 5 pages of printable activities to go along with Turkey Goes to School. This will help you if you want to use them with in-person instruction. The printables are almost identical to the digital activities, with a few differences (due to the nature of digital vs print).
- Sequence story events
- Match the cause-and-effect pairs
- Reading comprehension page
- Match the character to their phrase
- Writing prompt
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.