Teach your students about sharks with these interactive and noprep digital activities. Students will work directly in Google Slides™ to complete the paperless activities. Share with your class using Google Classroom™, Google Slides™ or via Microsoft OneDrive™.
Students will read six nonfiction passages about different types of sharks and 3 slides about various shark facts. After the individual shark passages is a slide with questions for students to answer about the text. There are also graphic organizers and other review activities. Most of the slides have movable pieces so students can interact with the slides in some way.
What is included:
- Slides 1-12: 6 nonfiction reading passages about different kinds of sharks. After each passage is a slide asking students to respond to what they read.
- Slide 9: fast facts about Earth Day
- Slide 10: Make good choices about Earth Day
- Slide 13-15: 3 slides that provide additional shark facts. Students will use this information to help them complete the rest of the activities.
- Slide 16: True or False. Students will decide if each statement is true or false. They will use movable pieces.
- Slide 17: Fact or Opinion. Students will sort the statements about sharks.
- Slide 18: KWL chart. Students will type their answers into the chart.
- Slide 19: My shark report. Students will type in facts about one of the sharks they read about.
- Slides 20-21: Students will answer one of the four writing prompts.
The preview shows almost every slide. Please download it before purchasing.
Looking for a print version of these activities? Click here.
Advantages of using digital resources
- Paperless. No need to print and laminate the task cards
- Engages students
- Helps build 21st-century learners
- Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.