Teach your primary students all about the butterfly and ladybug life cycle with these print and digital activities. This product has now been updated to include the print mini books as well as digital versions for both Google Slides and SeeSaw (preloaded links included).
What is included
- Lovely Ladybugs – ladybug life cycle. Provides basic facts about ladybugs and reviews the life cycle stages (eggs, larva, pupa, adult).
- Butterfly Life Cycle – cut and paste minibook. Reviews the 4 steps: eggs, caterpillar, chrysalis, butterfly. Comes in color and black and white. Also includes a poster of the life cycle.
- Worksheet/assessment of the butterfly life cycle
- Cut and paste writing activity. Students match the sentence to the picture.
- Bonus: A Flower Grows minibook. Reviews the life cycle of a flower and the parts of a flower (roots, flower, stem, leaves). Comes in color and black and white. There is no digital version of this activity.
From Caterpillar to Butterfly (audio included for both SeeSaw and Google)
- 15 slides
- Slides 2-8 reviews the life cycle of the caterpillar and how it changes to become a butterfly.
- Slide 9: Students put the life cycle of a butterfly in order.
- Slide 10: diagram of the parts of a butterfly.
- Slide 11: students match the parts of the butterfly.
- Slides 12-15: students answer a question about what they learned on the previous slides. Slide 12 is an example slide.
Ladybug Life Cycle (audio included for both SeeSaw and Google)
- 14 slides
- Slides 2-9 reviews the life cycle of a ladybug.
- Slide 10: students put the life cycle of a ladybug