Use these multiple choice task cards to review seven different types of figurative language with your students. They come in both a print and a digital option for Google Forms. These will work perfectly in a distance learning situation. Great to use as a review for ELA test prep.
What is included:
- 32 multiple choice task cards
- Answer key and recording sheet
- Google Form self-grading quiz. The form can be assigned through Google Classroom.
Students read the sentence and then decide what type of figurative language is being used, there are 4 choices listed on the card. The concepts covered are metaphor, simile, personification, onomatopoeia, alliteration, idiom and hyperbole.
You can use the print task cards in many ways:
- Scoot activity
- Hang them around the room and have students walk around and read them/answer the questions
- Center activity
- Fast finishers or individual practice
- Whole group (display the cards on a document camera)
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.