This back to school digital choice board provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book All Are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities.
Please note: This lesson was created with distance learning in mind. However, I can not provide a link to have this book read aloud to students due to copyright restrictions. You will need to create your own read-aloud video, read the book to the students yourself or find an eBook version. There is a spot for you to include a link to the video for your students to watch.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: Students will complete a vocabulary activity. There are 4 vocabulary words from the book. Students will match the word to the definition. There are movable pieces on this slide.
- Activity 2: Students will complete an activity about their neighborhood. They will answer these questions. In my neighborhood I see, I hear, I smell. What I like best about my neighborhood is… They will need to insert 4 text boxes onto the slide.
- Activity 3: Student will sequence how to get ready for school in the morning. There are movable pieces.
- Activity 4: Student will complete a an about me activity with movable emoji’s. Then they will insert 3 text boxes and type in their answer to 3 questions. This slide has movable pieces.
- Slide 5: Student will complete a memory game about families.
- Slide 6: The student will watch a video about how students say hello in different languages. I shared the link through safeshare, since it is a YouTube video.
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.
You can share these activities through SeeSaw. You will have to upload the slides yourself. I have included directions on how to do this.
Want to see how this works before you purchase? Download my free sample choice board for the book Harry the Dirty Dog.
There are no reviews yet.