These digital choice boards or learning menus provide your students with six different engaging and interactive reading and ELA activities that they can complete during class or at home in a distance learning environment. It is a wonderful tool for differentiation. Students must have their own Google account to use this product. This lesson can be used in a classroom or a library to provide library skills instruction.
How to use this resource:
- Share the slide with your students in Google Classroom
- Student will select an activity and begin working. They do not have to complete the activities in any order.
- They will drag an X over top of the box once they complete an activity.
- All the activities are linked from the choice board.
Overview of each activity:
- Activity 1: reading comprehension and inference activity
- Activity 2: students will math idioms to their meaning
- Activity 3: students will look up words in a dictionary and then answer a true or false question about the word. I have provided a link to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. I also included a link to sign-up for a free World Book Online subscription (in case you would like students to use their dictionary).
- Activity 4: summarizing activity
- Activity 5: students will read a poem and answer comprehension questions about the poem
- Activity 6: fictional reading comprehension
This is not an editable activity. I did include an editable slide for the choice menu itself. You can change any of the text on this slide or change out the links. If you do not want to use one of the activities I included, just delete that