This digital choice board for Google Slides and SeeSaw provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark by Jess Keating. Comes with a preloaded link to save directly to your SeeSaw library.
Please note: I can not provide a link to have this book read aloud to students due to copyright restrictions. You will need to create your own read-aloud video, read the book to the students yourself or find an eBook version. There is a spot for you to include a link to the video for your students to watch.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: Students will sequence story events
- Activity 2: Students will complete a vocabulary activity
- Activity 3: Activity 4: Student will complete a character trait activity about Eugenie. They will choose words that can be used to describe her.
- Activity 4: Student will complete a fact or opinion activity
- Activity 5: Students will complete a writing activity
- Activity 6: Students will compare-and-contrast sharks and fish
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.