This back to school digital choice board provides six different engaging and interactive activities to go along with the book We Don’t Eat our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins. Students will work directly in Google Slides to complete the activities.
Please note: This lesson was created with distance learning in mind. However, I can not provide a link to have this book read aloud to students due to copyright restrictions. You will need to create your own read-aloud video, read the book to the students yourself or find an eBook version. There is a spot for you to include a link to the video for your students to watch.
This choice board is perfect to share with parents for a distance or remote learning activity. It can be shared through Google Classroom or other learning platform. A free Google account is needed to access this activity. These are digital activities. Students will need access to an internet enabled device.
Overview of the activities
- Activity 1: Students will complete a writing activity about what animal they would choose as a class pet. They will insert three text boxes.
- Activity 2: Students will put the story events into the correct order. There are movable pieces.
- Activity 3: Student will sort pictures into two columns. What makes a good friend and what makes a bad friend. There are movable pieces.
- Activity 4: Student will answer six true or false questions about the story. There are movable pieces.
- Slide 5: Student will complete a cause and effect activity. There are movable pieces.
- Slide 6: The student will do a word search puzzle.
This is not an editable product. You can change the text on slide one (where you can insert the link to have the book read aloud).
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, a read-aloud video the book is NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns an eBook version, you could also share how students how to read or access it through your eBook management platform.
You can share these activities through SeeSaw. You will have to upload the slides yourself. I have included directions on how to do this.
Want to see how this works before you purchase? Download my free sample choice board for the book Harry the Dirty Dog.