These digital choice boards or learning menus provide your students with six different engaging and interactive reading and ELA activities that they can complete during class or at home in a distance learning environment. It is a wonderful tool for differentiation. Students must have their own Google account to use this product. This lesson can be used in a classroom or a library to provide library skills instruction.
How to use this resource:
- Share the slide with your students in Google Classroom
- Student will select an activity and begin working. They do not have to complete the activities in any order.
- They will drag an X over top of the box once they complete an activity.
- All the activities are linked from the choice board.
Overview of each activity:
- Activity 1: students will read a biography of Nellie Bly and then complete a graphic organizer
- Activity 2: students will write an opinion about which type of sandwich should be awarded the Stupendous Sandwich Award
- Activity 3: students will read a poem titled “Joe the Emoji”. They will need to complete the poem by moving the correct emoji’s
- Activity 4: students will complete a riddle by solving a secret code
- Activity 5: students will match hink pinks to each rhyme
- Activity 6: students will complete a crossword puzzle. The crossword puzzle is on the website www.crosswordlabs.com
This is not an editable activity. I did include an editable slide for the choice menu itself. You can change any of the text on this slide or change out the links. If you do not want to use one of the activities I included, just delete that slide and add your own activity.