Time to celebrate Thanksgiving with this fun set of reading and literacy activities for the book ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey.
- Set of 18 comprehension questions to use with the book
- 2 game boards (color and black/white) to use with the questions. This makes a great center or small group activity.
- Recording sheet and answer sheet for the questions
- Missing poster for the turkeys from the story
- Noun/verb identification worksheet
- Letter writing pages for students to write a letter to Mr. Mack Nuggett
- Writing activity: what would you have done if you were one of the children in the book?
- If I had a pet turkey writing and drawing worksheet
- Problem and solution graphic organizer
- Story retell graphic organizer
- Writing worksheet: Where do you think turkeys hide on Thanksgiving?
- Cut and paste worksheet: Real vs Fantasy
- Turkey ABC order
- Simple map activity focusing on cardinal directions
- Set of 12 pairs of rhyming word cards to use as a center activity, matching game or small group activity.
- 2 recording sheets