Teach your students how to search and find information in the World Book Online Encyclopedia with these digital activities for Google Slides. Students will learn what an online encyclopedia is and practice looking up information. This includes keyword searching and choosing the correct search terms. The content of these activities are identical to my Print Encyclopedia Research Worksheets, just in a digital format. Students will type directly on the slides to answer the questions.
Even though I created this product using World Book Online, you may be able to use other online or print encyclopedias, but I have not verified answers in any other sources.
What is included:
- 2 different Google Slides files
- The first has introduction slides and teaches students how to search. There are practice search slides. I also created a sample encyclopedia article for students to read and answer questions about.
- The second file has the scavenger hunts and practice activities.
- Animal comparison Venn diagram
- Places comparison Venn diagram
- Maps and More – 4 slides. Students will use the “maps and more” section of World Book Online to answer various questions
- All About Insects – students will do a keyword search for insects and answer 10 true or false statements based on their reading.
- Our Solar System – students will look up different keywords in the encyclopedia to answer questions about the solar system.
- Volcanoes – students will look up different keywords in the encyclopedia to answer questions about volcanoes.
- Jaguars – students will look up different keywords in the encyclopedia to answer questions about jaguars.
- Saturn – students will look up different keywords in the encyclopedia to answer questions about Saturn.
*** There is a colored box every place that students need to insert a text box to type in an answer. If students need to highlight words, I included a highlighting shape.
World Book Online is a paid subscription. You must subscribe to it in order to use it. Purchasing this product does not give you rights to use World Book Online unless you have a paid subscription.
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.