These digital research pages are for primary students who are just beginning to learn about the research process. You can use these with Google Slides or Google Classroom. These are paperless and no-prep, making them perfect to use in a remote learning situation.
This is also available as part of a bundle that includes both the print and digital versions.
What is included:
- Seven Google Slides with text boxes (students must type on each slide)
- KWL Chart
- What do you wonder about your zoo animal?
- What did you learn about your zoo animal? (Are, Can, Have)
- Animal Facts – 2 different slides (habitat, food, body, life cycle, a fun fact)
- 2 writing pages (one with space for the student to insert a picture of their animal)
- Very simple bibliography
You can choose which slides you want to use. Just delete the slides you do not want. I included a very simple bibliography because I like to introduce the concept of copyright with my students as soon as possible. All they need to do to fill it out is move a check mark in front of what they used to find their information (computer, book or magazine).
There are 11 different sets (10 different zoo animals and one generic set to use with any animal).
- Polar bear
I also included links to PebbleGo and World Book Online which are currently free for students to access at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. There are also links to 3 different websites students can use to find their information.
The preview shows every slide of the monkey research templates.
This is almost identical to my Print Animal Research Templates
Advantages of using digital resources
Paperless. No need to print and laminate the task cards
- Engages students
- Helps build 21st-century learners
- Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices
****Click here to read a blog post about getting primary students ready to research!
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.