Introduce the Caldecott Medal to your students with these activities.
What is included:
★ 7 slide editable PowerPoint file (fully editable).
★ One page reading comprehension sheet that gives a brief introduction of the award with 4 comprehension questions.
★ Mock Caldecott ballot, ballot sheet and a graphic organizer/poster for students to describe the winning book.
★ Graphic organizers for 13 of the Caldecott Medal and Honor books.
• The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats (2 different ones)
• Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
• Adventures of Beekle by Dan Santant
• Swimmy by Leo Lionni
• Make Way for Ducklings Robert McCloskey
• Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
• Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens
• Where the Wild Things Are Maurice Sendak
• Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
• Finding Winnie by Lindsay Mattick
• This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen
• Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Pena
• Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka (This worksheet can be used for any wordless
picture book. I included one page with a dog and ball on it and one “generic”
Notes on the PowerPoint
This ppt gives a brief overview of the Caldecott Medal and also lists some past winners. Legally I am not allowed to include any images of the Caldecott Award or use any book covers from any of the winners. For this reason, the ppt only has text. (There is an image of a gold medal on the first slide, but it is an image that is free to use for any purpose). You may edit any part of the ppt (except the background). You may edit the text, add your own, add any images or pictures that you would like, add or delete slides. I used two fonts in the file and embedded them. This means that you can use the same font on all the slides and you do not have to download them to your computer.
➠ The preview shows all of the pages that are included. Please email me or send me a Q & A before purchasing if you have any questions.
Download a preview here.