Welcome students back to school with this fun and interactive print breakout. Students will review library rules and procedures while they work to solve three challenges. This is a great activity to use at the beginning of school for library orientation or as a review midway through the year. This is for upper elementary students. I recommend 4th and 5th grades. This is NOT an editable activity.
What is included in this product:
- Detailed instructions
- 3 challenges in color
- 3 challenges in black and white
- Answer key
- Certificate and bookmarks when breakout is complete
- Topics reviewed include basic library rules and procedures, book care rules and library vocabulary. I tried to keep the information “generic” enough so that it could be used in any library setting.
- I estimate this breakout to take about a half hour to complete. Challenge 3 is more complicated and may take longer than the other challenges. I recommend reviewing the directions for this challenge with students beforehand.
- The breakout can be completed in multiple class periods. Or you can do it as a whole-group activity to save time.
- I do have a digital library orientation breakout for upper elementary. However, the content for this breakout is completely different. Both do review the same type of information.
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.