This is a bundle of my two Dewey Decimal products for Google Slides and Google Forms. Save over 20% by purchasing the bundle.
Introduction and assessment
What is included:
➔ One Google Slides file. There are 20 slides. The slides review information about the Dewey Decimal System, who created it and why. There is one slide that gives an overview of the system. Then there is one slide for each of the 10 categories plus biographies and folk tales (398). There is a description of the types of books found in that category and photographs that go along with the topics. All of the images are real photographs.
☞ This is not an editable file. The text and graphics cannot be changed.
➔ One Google Forms assessment or quiz. The assessment has 14 questions and includes various question types. On many of the questions, students will look at a book cover and select the category for that book or choose another book cover that would be in the same category. The preview file does show every question. This form can be edited and is self-grading.
➔ Teacher directions – includes the access links and instructions on how to use this in your library or classroom and instructions for using this resource with Microsoft OneDrive.
Please download the preview file before purchasing so you can see exactly what you are buying.
• The Dewey Decimal Introduction is identical to the PowerPoint file that I have in my store. The only difference is the PowerPoint file is editable and this is not.
• The assessment is only available when you purchase this Google Slides Introduction. It is not included with the PowerPoint product.
• There are 18 questions. Each question has the same format.
• There are 3 slides for each question. There is a question slide, an incorrect answer slide, and a correct answer slide.
• On the question slide, the student will look at a book cover and then choose what Dewey category that book goes in.
• If they choose the correct answer they go to a slide that says they are correct and can click to the next question.
• If they are incorrect, they go to a slide that tells them they chose the wrong answer. They click a link that shows the correct answer and then move on to the next question.
☞ This is not an editable file.
⭐ I also have a Dewey Decimal Review PowerPoint in my store. This file is very similar but it is not identical. I also used different book covers for every question. This way if you also own the PowerPoint file, you can use both of these review games with your students for extra practice.
➔ Included are teacher directions – a link to access the file, instructions on how to use this in your library or classroom and instructions for using this resource with Microsoft OneDrive.
Advantages of using digital resources
⇒Paperless. No need to print and make copies
⇒Helps build 21st-century learners
⇒Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices