Use these activities after reading the book Thank You, Sarah by Laurie Halse Anderson. This book is a biography of Sarah Hale and describes how she worked to make sure Thanksgiving was declared a national holiday. I recommend these activities for second and third grade students.
What is included:
- 27 comprehension cards to go along with the book a game board. Use as a center activity or as a Scoot game (instructions included).
- Recording sheet and answer sheet included.
- Cut and paste worksheet to identify the parts of a friendly letter
- Letter writing template for students to write a thank you letter to Sarah
- Character graphic organizer
- Problem and solution graphic organizer
- 3 idiom writing/drawing worksheets (reviews the idioms that are in the book)
- Persuasive writing activity (create your own holiday)
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.