Teach students how to use different reference materials with this set of printables and worksheets. Reference materials covered: print and online encyclopedias, dictionary, atlas, almanac, thesaurus. This is a fun and engaging way to teach and review library skills. Click here to download a preview of this product.
What is included:
- Introductory worksheet
- Reference book brochure to introduce students to five different reference books: encyclopedia, dictionary, almanac, thesaurus, atlas
- Amazing Almanac worksheet
- Nursery rhyme worksheet where students use a thesaurus to replace words from nursery rhymes
- Atlas scavenger hunt
- Dictionary Review worksheet
- 4 worksheets to teach how to use an online encyclopedia. They include 2 scavenger hunts. I created them using the World Book Online Encyclopedia.
- Synonyms Flip Book
- Assessment worksheet with 12 questions.
****The almanac worksheet was created using the National Geographic Kid’s 2017 edition.
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.