Teach your students non-fiction text features used in informational text. Use with Google slides and Google Classroom. These no-prep and paperless activities can be used to teach and review these important ELA standards and is perfect to use for test prep.
Text features reviewed:
- types of print
- insets and sidebars
- table of contents
- title page
- charts and graphs
- text box
There are 17 slides included in this product. Look below for an overview.
- Slides 1-6: students need to match a text feature with its definition and name. There are 3 text features on each slide.
- Slide 7: Table of contents. Students will type in short answers to the questions.
- Slide 8: Index. Students will type in short answers to the questions.
- Slides 9 & 10: Headings. Students will type in a heading for each of the short nonfiction passages.
- Slide 11: Reading a table. Students will type in short answers to the questions.
- Slide 12: Students will identify the caption, heading and different types of print in a short nonfiction passage.
- Slides 13 & 14: Charts and graphs. Students will move pictures to correctly answer questions after reading the chart and graph.
- Slide 15: Diagram. Students will label the parts of a whale.
- Slide 16: Online article. Students will read an online article and answer brief questions about the different text features.
- Slide 17: Timeline. Students will label a timeline.
Advantages of using digital resources
- Paperless. No need to print and laminate the task cards
- Engages students
- Helps build 21st-century learners
- Can use with Chromebooks, laptops, computers, tablets, iPads or other mobile devices
Looking for a print version instead? Click here to see a similar activity to review nonfiction text features.